Friday 19 September 2014

Jar Of Hearts

The theme for the Hels Sheridan Sunday Stamper challenge this week is Music.
I don’t have any music related stamps so I have chosen to theme this around a verse from a favourite song…Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri.
I’ve used the lid from a chocolate box (Thorntons Premium Collection…which were very de-lish, thank you very much!) Black Gesso’d it, then painted it randomly with Docraft Artiste Acrylic Paint in Perewinkle, Sage, Seaspray and Antique Gold Metallic. I used the same paints on a piece of patterned paper which I tore to fit the inside of the lid. I stamped a diamond pattern here and there on the background plus some little hearts in a line, embossed with Heat It Up Embossing Powder in Baby Blue and Seafoam White.
I stamped LOADS of hearts of all different sizes and designs with a Versamark Watermark Ink Pad, then heat embossed with the Baby Blue and Seafoam White. The hearts were then coloured with Letraset Promarker Alcohol Pens in Denim Blue, Duck Egg, Sandstone and Gold. They then had to be cut out – a job I personally loathe – NEED a Scan’n’ Cut!!
 I glued them to the paper randomly with PVA then brushed Mod Podge Gloss Lustre over the whole lot. It gives it a sheen and helps them to stay stuck down.
I used the Mod Podge to glue three hearts inside the ‘jar’ – I used an empty spice jar. This was a little bit tricky, I used cotton buds to wipe off the excess that got smeared on the inside of the jar.
I painted the lid of the jar with white Gesso, then the Sage and Antique Gold paint. I attached stamped and embossed wings to another heart and glued this to the jar lid. I layered some more hearts on the background paper with sticky pads to give some depth and added some lace along the top of the box lid, and just inside the bottom, the lace was coloured with the promarkers.
I then wrote out the verse from the song freehand but also added some stamped letters in there too to mix it up a bit. I cut the verse out into seperate lines and used sticky pads to fix into place.


I quite like the way this turned out but it’s not my best work lol. I wanted to keep it quite basic and I think it’s the colours I chose that’s making me think it’s not all that plus the fact that there are no flowers or butterflies – that was hard! I’m not used to using these sort of colours so not only was a Sunday Stamper challenge, it was also a challenge for myself - not to use any purple, flowers or butterflies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments and feedback!