Thursday 20 February 2014

Busy Doing Nothing...

I have been a bit quiet for the last couple of days because as this post title says:

"I'm busy doing nothing
Working the whole day through
Trying to find lots of things not to do"

At the end of January, the o.h and I went to Dublin for a few days - we don't buy for each other at Christmas anymore, we use the money we would have spent to have a few days away in Jan or Feb when it's nice and quiet everywhere - the day before we came back, I started to feel a bit unwell and the day after we got back, I had developed a full blown hideous cold, sore throat, cough, the whole shabang.
Needless to say, I spent most of the time in bed and the craftroom was neglected.
Since recovering, which must be at least a fortnight now, I have created the grand total of one card for the o.h's mother, oh and I baked a chocolate cake but that doesn't count cos I can always make cake.
When I started feeling better, I made an attempt to carry on with a frame I'm altering, I shouldn't have bothered - it just wasn't happening so I vacated and shut the door on it all. 
Now, I just cannot get motivated. I've heard people say that "they can't find their mojo", well mine has well and truly upped and left! I don't really have a creative thought in my head and I'm finding myself just getting on with the mundane household chores, then sitting down to watch mindless television in the afternoons - not good, not good at all.
I have ventured into the craftroom this afternoon, the frame is where I left it - unfortunately it had not miraculously created itself. So I sat, elbows on the desk, chin in hands and stared at it for a while, half heartedly added some gilding wax, fine glitter and spiders web, then abandoned it - AGAIN!
Not sure what I'm going to do about this state of affairs. I'm not sure if it's a lack of the mojo or just plain laziness. I do know this - it doesn't do for me to have any time away from that room!
The birthday card for the in-law...I couldn't even stamp the image on straight!  
(created with layered background papers, die cut 'doily', lots of distress ink - good ol' Tim Holtz, stamped and painted image, paper flowers, gems, lace)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments and feedback!