Thursday 13 February 2014

My First Day!

This is my very first day of my very first blog...hello there to whoever may have stumbled across this and has stopped for a mo to read it!
I am new to this and I was very nervous about whether I would actually have anything to say. It feels like you are just talking or rather typing to yourself, how do I know that anyone is 'listening' ? I have been following one or two other blogs and I wonder at how they find something to write about every day!
So I guess I should start with who I am and what I do and we'll see how it goes.
My name is Deb and my company is called PurpleDreamDesign. I am a designer maker of handmade goodies, including beaded jewellery, occasion cards, scrapbook memory cards and all manner of decorative bits and pieces.
I began making beaded jewellery a few years ago, then discovered paper craft and altered art not long after and now I try and do a bit of crafting most days.
My favourite things to do are altered projects and I love shabby, grungy, steampunk styling.
I began with commissions, mostly for cards, from family members and then dipped my toe in the waters of selling online. It is such a buzz when someone buys your design and then gives you positive feedback on it.
I currently use two online craft sites to sell my work but am about to create my own website where I hope to sell craft supplies as well as my designs.
Well, I think that will do for my first post and hopefully I will have something to add very soon!
Happy Crafting :-) 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments and feedback!