Wednesday 19 March 2014

All Purpled Out...?

I love fantasy imagery, just love it!
I have a folder on the computer in which I store any pictures that I find of fairies, elves, toadstools, anything dark and gothic, gorgoyles, gremlins, witches, wizards, anything that conjures up a fantasy, other worldly image, including anything that has a steampunk vibe.
Of course if the images also involve my favourite colours - purple (of course) and black - then so much the better!
A lot of my designs do have this vibe about them in some way or another, if you have a preference for something, it’s hard not to include it when working on a project.
I do have to restrain myself on commissions though and follow the customers brief, not my own!
I’ve had this decoupage fairy in my crafty stash for ages, sitting unloved in a box. So I fished her out a couple of weeks ago (it could have been longer knowing the rate at which I work) and sat looking at her for a bit, waiting for inspiration to get it’s backside into gear. It came to me that she would be perfect for an altered frame so I set about designing and creating the frame around her.
I love how it turned out, even if I do say so myself.
I was creating this frame round about the same time as I was finishing the ‘Purple’ canvas (see previous blog post) and it was pointed out to me “do you not think you’re going a bit overboard on the purple, do you think you ought to do some projects in different colours” I’m sure you can imagine the look that the o.h got in reaction to this comment!
But I can see  - grudgingly - that he does have a point.


So we’ll see if I can reign the purple vibe in a bit and try to embrace some of the colours that are out there ?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments and feedback!