Sunday 16 March 2014

The Colour Purple (pt 2)...

Following on from my last blog ‘The Colour Purple’ and the fantastic poem by Jenny Joseph

I was recently in town doing some errands and I spotted this lovely lady in the queue ahead of me.
When I saw her, I was immediately reminded of the poem. This lady, although not head to foot in purple, so embodies the message of it.
I watched where she headed for when she left the store and caught up with her. She very graciously let me take her photograph and we had a lovely conversation. I told her that I was going to put her picture on my blog, she gave me her ‘business card’ so that I could name check her! She told me that she has a computer so she can skype with her son, who lives less than 20 miles away from her -  that did amuse me.
I didn’t ask her age but I’m guessing, she was well into her 80’s and she obviously didn’t give a flying fig about what other people might be thinking when they saw her.


So thank you Margaret, for making my day - I take my (purple) hat off to you!


This canvas is something I created recently with the poem as the subject…


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments and feedback!