Friday 28 March 2014

There Are Other Colours

I did take on board the o.h’s comment “there are other colours out there” and have just finished a project without a hint of purple.
I purchased a ‘blank’ jewellery tree from Hobbycraft a couple of months ago in their sale - Hobbycraft always have a really good sale in January, especially on their paper-mache items, it’s a good time to stock up on these if you use them a lot.
I had intended to go all gothic on it but that would of course meant that I would revert to type and it would end up purple and black. So I put all the purple mediums in a box, locked it and threw away the key  - well I put it in a safe place…you know, that place every house has and when you go to get the item, you can’t remember where you put it!
Because the jewellery tree looks like a tree (!) I did the obvious and went for a woodland theme with the fairy stood against the trunk, surrounded by flowers and butterflies. I’m quite happy with the way the colours look, I based these around the colour of her dress and I think it works.
I don’t have a problem using other colours on my cards, it just seems that whenever I start a canvas or some other decorative item, I just automatically reach for the purple. I enjoyed the challenge of using different colours on this project and it inspired me to keep away from the purple when designing the cards I’ve just completed. I managed to make four without using purple!



P.S - a few days after the o.h made the ‘other colours’ comment, I up and went and had the front of my hair dyed purple!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read any comments and feedback!